Another awesome tag I spotted over at Book Lover Kate and those who know me will know I love finding new tags so read on for my answers!
1. Would you rather have a friend who loses your books, or one who dog-ears them?
First off it is very unlikely that I’ll lend my books out, but if I ever did I guess I’d prefer it if they dog-eared them because I wouldn’t have to buy new copies then but still I’d be quite annoyed.
2. Would you rather secretly love a book everyone else hates, or secretly hate a book everyone else loves?
Secretly love a book everyone hates. I always no matter how bad a book is try to enjoy them and I mostly judge my books on whether they manage to hold my interest or not so if they’re too boring I won’t finish them whether they’re hyped or not.
3. Would you rather be stuck on a very long plane or train ride without a book?
Plane I think because of all the on board entertainment, but still it would be pretty torturous!
4. Would you rather have dinner with your favourite author or your favourite character?
Favourite author because they have all the ideas and inspiration behind the characters and plot and well… everything about those books. It would be really fun to discuss books and ideas with them.
5. Would you rather date a character you have a crush on or your crush from real life?
Well I don’t have any real life crushes (I’m sad I know) so it would have to be a character and even then there are not many I have crushes on 😛 Yeah I feel so old now…
6. Would you rather have your favourite book turned into a movie, or your favourite movie turned into a book?
Book to movie because I always prefer to read the books first before going to watch the film. Usually the book is better too and I always love to make comparisons.
7. Would you rather read a book with an annoying cliff-hanger, or one where your favourite character is killed off?
I think I feel equal for both of these. I’d probably choose favourite character killed off though because cliffhangers have always annoyed me especially when the next book isn’t even out. Both of these things would reduce my liking of a series though.
8. Would you rather lose the ability to read any new books, or the ability to reread books you’ve already read?
Definitely lose the ability to reread because I’m always looking for more new reading material and there aren’t a great lot of books that I’d like to reread. I always get super excited for new books so it would be torture not to be able to read new titles.
9. Would you rather live in a library or a bookstore?
Library because at the moment in my local library they will buy in books they don’t already have AND the service is free 😉
10. Would you rather lose your place or get a paper cut every time you read a book?
Oh I HATE paper cuts!! I used to get them a lot as a kid and they used to sting like hell, so I think I’d much rather lose my place as usually I’m quite good at finding my place on pages if I’ve been interrupted.
11. Would you rather have to always read in the dark, or always read books with tiny text?
Well at the moment I think I’m getting shortsighted due to too much reading says mum, 😛 but I have recently bought two very powerful book lights from Amazon so maybe reading in the dark would be a good and unique experience especially if it’s a horror book as I’ve yet to be scared by any book 😉
12. Would you rather read by a fireplace, or on the beach?
Oh I love both! Depends on what type of book it is but because it’s coming up to winter where I am, I think I’d like to read by a warm fireplace because I just love getting cosy with a book, especially in the colder months 🙂
What are your bookish preferences? 🙂