Greetings fellow book lovers! Lately I have been seeing many awesome tags around and the Currently Reading book tag is no exception, I first saw this tag over at Lost in Pages so lets get to it!
1. How many books do you usually read at once?
This depends on a few things, but most of the time I only have one book on the go as I find it easier to savour and connect with everything in the book if I’ve only got one to focus on.
2. If you’re reading more than one book at a time, how do you decide when you switch books?
I mostly decide to spend an equal amount of time per week on each book, but if one of the books has been requested or I’ve had it out from my library for a long time then I tend to focus on those more.
3. Do you ever switch bookmarks while you’re partway through a book?
Not usually, if I ever change a bookmark with a book I’m reading it’s because I’ve misplaced the old one and am in need of something else to mark my place!
4. Where do you keep the book(s) you’re currently reading?
Always with me, although when I go to bed they stay in the lounge downstairs as I can never manage to read in bed (can’t concentrate for some reason even on one of those nights when I can’t sleep).
5. What time of day do you spend the most time reading?
Most of the time in the evenings or at night because for a great deal of my life I have been a night owl and have found my imagination more active at night. There’s also the fact that I’m more tired and relaxed in the evenings so it makes it perfect to snuggle down with a book 🙂
6. How long do you typically read in one sitting?
A few hours, I haven’t really timed it as I get lost in the book, but I usually read until it’s time to go to bed.
7. Do you read hardbacks with the dust jacket on or off?
I’ve always left them on and haven’t really thought about taking them off for fear of loosing them and thus ruining them even further. I’m still very careful with all new books though, and will always try to be gentle when packing them in bags and reading them etc.
8. What position do you mainly use to read?
Laying down on the sofa, this is always the best reading position for me 😉
9. Do you take the book you’re currently reading with you everywhere you go?
Oh yes definitely. Whether it be an outing with my parents or college I will always take what I’m currently reading with me because more often than not I find there are times I’m sat waiting which are perfect for catching up on some serious reading!
10. How often do you update your Goodreads progress on the book you’re currently reading?
I’ve kind of fallen behind on this one, I just keep forgetting 😛 Along with that, I find I don’t have a lot of time on my hands these days now that college has taken place again AND more often than not I’m not sure what to say, this is because sometimes I say the book is getting good or vice versa and then not long afterwards it totally changes! I guess others would say that is the beauty of getting to update statuses because you can change your opinions but I find it embarrassing when I look back sometimes 😛